Monday, July 4, 2011

A Small Hickup

I came out of a jet lagged haze today only to realize that the road trip is only one month away! And the next thought after that was "holy crap, I am no where near the fitness level needed for the western mountains." Can I get in enough training between now and departure time? Looks like I have to! With only two weeks left in north Georgia before I head down to south and northwest Florida for another two weeks, I am going to force myself to do some sort of physical activity each day until we leave...or at least try.

While preparing for a bike ride a few days ago, Andrew and I noticed that the bike I intended to use was no where near the shape it needed to be in for me to use it. Now on a frantic search for another bike, we are wondering if we're both going to be able to ride. Eyes and ears are open!

Update on July 12th, 2011. As it turns out, Andrew's bike fits me quite well. Much better than the Cannondale I was using before. The only thing I seem to need to make the Ellsworth fit me better is a new stem for the handlebars. So what's Andrew going to ride? Well, he's been working this the local bike shop owner and good friend Mike Palmeri to get a deal on a single speed, which he's been drooling over for over a year. Mike was able to work out a deal with Norco and the Judan model is in route from Canada! Hopefully it should arrive before we head south for two weeks to take care of some business before we get on the road.


All is good!

Kate & Andrew

No comments:

Post a Comment