Monday, August 15, 2011

Day 13: Girls Day in Missoula & Family Bike Ride


Andrew and I woke up early again this morning, which should be expected with a youngin’ running around the house. Warm coffee awaited us and I ate some cereal before getting dressed for the day. Andrew needed to work on his fire stuff, which would take up his entire day and John had to work, so Whitney, Anna Marie and myself decided to have a girls day in downtown Missoula. We had our chance to walk through all those cute shops we spotted out on Saturday. We left the house around 10:00am, found a suitable parking spot, wrestled Anna Marie into the stroller and made our way to the first shop. Missoula has several of eco-friendly/ recycled goods stores with unique, homemade gifts. We had a great time looking around. We stopped at a Mexican restaurant for lunch, and then headed to the park so Anna Marie could play.













After the park, we made on last stop at Rockin’ Rudy’s, a fun store with a whole lot of everything. For a visual person like me, it was a bit over stimulating, but had neat stuff none the less. I could have spent hours in the store and still walked out not knowing if I made the right purchase. After about 30 minutes of comparing jewelry, I still couldn’t decide on one, so I went with an address book instead. We headed home afterward and worked hard trying to keep Anna Marie awake so she would take a nap once we got home.


 We kept it simple and ate leftovers for dinner. I unsuccessfully tried to boil some water in an electric kettle on the stove top. That ended with me smoking and smelling up the house, a destroyed/fried rubber bottom kettle and a stove top coil that needed replacing! Umm…whoops! : / After multiple apologies and feeling like an idiot for not paying better attention, we all decided it would be a nice idea to go for a bike ride. We loaded up, including Anna Marie in her trailer and headed down the street. After a few miles, we stopped at another park for Anna Marie to play at. I think I played just as much. Once we got back, Andrew got his things together and went back out of the bike wanting to get a longer ride in. Anna Marie silently suggested I be the one to give her a bath, which I gladly accepted. We had lots of fun playing games with rubber ducks.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment