Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Day 8: Grand Teton National Park & Snake River Brewery

Andrew and I got a chance to sleep in this morning. We finally got out of the house around 11:30am. We drove up to Grand Teton National Park and drove through the Moran entrance on the east side. Our goal was to get to Jackson Lake, which Charlie said was more worthwhile and we only had this afternoon to explore. We stopped at one of the visitor’s centers and walked through a museum. After we finished up there, wen headed to the lake. Almost immediately, I was attacked by mosquitoes. As usual, they left Andrew alone.

Headed into the park.
Grand Teton Mountain Range
Jackson Lake & the Grand Tetons

Tadpoles
Me at the Lake
Andrew at the lake

After leaving there, we headed back towards Jenny Lake, wanting to take the scenic road back towards home. The road had some spectacular views and led us to a pull off where we got some of these pictures. Andrew and I both shot some pictures, as we were still borrowing Charlie’s camera.

Getting some shots

We promised Charlie we would be back at his house by 5:00pm. Andrew, Charlie and Bup (Charlie’s boss) were going to ride The Pass this evening. We didn’t have as much time as I wanted here today, but we still have the chance to witness a lot of beauty. We drove the hour back to Charlie’s house and quickly made some dinner before the boys headed out. I decided to stay so I could catch up on the blog and photo editing. The few parts of the trail I saw looked a little too extreme for me and I knew the boys would have more fun without me there to hold them back. I had several quite hours to myself which was nice, if not only to clear my head. 

The boys got back in one piece, Charlie made some food for himself and we all got dressed to head over to Snake River Brewery again. Andrew and I had made plans to eat here tonight, another big treat! We grabbed a beer from Charlie’s sister, who also works there, and waited for a spot to open up. Once we finally got seated, Andrew and I ordered the Wild Game Chili as a starter. Andrew ordered the Roper, a beef brisket with mozzarella, bacon, sautéed onions and a side of French fries. I ordered the California Pizza, a thin crust with mozzarella cheese, artichoke hearts, cherry tomatoes, mixed greens, pistachios goat cheese, and a vinaigrette dressing. It was delicious –all of it! After that settled in our stomach for a bit, Andrew and I walked over to the antler arches to see them lit up at night...except they weren’t lit up. We grabbed a quick photo with our phone and walked back to the pub. I walked back home to get some sleep and left the boys to themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment