Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Day 15: Errands, Stevensville Brewery & Yahtzee


Whitney and Anna Marie headed out this morning on their own. Andrew and I had to go into town to run a few errands. We needed to get all of his paperwork copied and sent off for fire school. He was relieved to get it finished! Before we did that, we went to Goodwill to find another blanket for our bed. After comparing our options for several minutes, we finally picked one out. I ran over to the bag section, looking for something in particular, but doubting they would have it. Sure enough I found two large camera backpacks for $5.99 each! Now, to most people, this would be no big deal. However, one of my passions is photography and over the past few weeks I’ve been wrapping my lenses in jackets and carrying them around in my purse because my large camera bag only has a shoulder strap. Not only is it awkward while hiking but it puts a lot of strain on my shoulder. A lot of these bags cost anywhere from $60 to $180. The fact that I found not only one, but TWO large bags for under $12 is a steal. And hopefully we will be able to stay warm now. 

Afterward, we went to FedEx to get Andrew’s papers copied. They were busy, so we would have to come back in the morning to pick them up on our way out of town.  We stopped at a few stores for me, as I was trying to find a replacement electric kettle. No luck. We had a limited amount of time because Andrew had to get to his doctor’s appointment by 2:30pm. He had to get a physical for the fire academy. Turn. Cough. Done. Once he finished up there, we headed back to the house to freshen up and kill some time before we met John at the local Stevensville Brewery. He had to meet us there because he had gone out of town for work. Andrew ordered another IPA, I see a trend here. Whitney recommended their homemade root beer, so I had a glass of that; it was delicious! Anna Marie stayed entertained with a coloring book, making small talk with a stranger that consisted of her comfort phrases. A live guitarist started playing while we were there, and that dominated her attention for the remainder of our time there.  John shared a great story with us about the difficulties he faced in keeping conscious and serious during Anna Marie’s birth (he gets a little weak at the knee with anything medical). We had a good time, but Anna Marie started to get restless as it was close to her bedtime, so we all headed home. 

Whitney and John got Anna Marie to bed while Andrew and I began re-packing the truck. We played a few games of Yahtzee, did a couple of sweet Yahtzee dance moves, as is tradition in my family, and then headed to bed. Tomorrow we were headed for Glacier National Park!  

No comments:

Post a Comment